Makes one loaf
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 50-60 mins
⅓ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup honey
3 medium ripe bananas
200 gm natural yoghurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
250 gm wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 11 cm x 21 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, blend the oil and honey until well mixed. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the yoghurt. Fold through egg mixture. Fold flour and mixed spice into mixture.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Tip: add a handful of chopped nuts or seeds to the mixture for some healthy fats.
Kids love this banana bread for breakfast, toasted and topped with a scrape of their favourite spread.